Monday, August 4, 2008

Figgy, Fig, Fig

Figgy, fig, fig. I love figs. Down into my tummy.

I walked up to the farmer's market today to get some delicious kettle corn and couldn't resist a table full of figs. They were the first I'd seen this year and I couldn't wait to try one out. Husband had never had a fig before, so obviously I had to remedy that situation as soon as possible. The one I got was a little overripe, but it was free from the nice old man running the stall - so I'm definitely not going to complain. His wife also sold me a 1/2 lb. of shelled pistachio meat, a recipe containing those beauties is sure to follow in the coming weeks.

There's no recipe with this, just me sharing my undying love of fresh figs.


Kristin said...

YUUUUM, figs. We have a fig tree, but we just planted it this year, so I don't know if it will bear any fruit. How can I wait until next summer?

Sweet Bird said...

I am once again jealous of you and your farm life. I might actually kill a fool for a fig tree.