Tuesday, July 8, 2008
This is a recipe I found on a recipe sharing website I belong to by a gal who goes by the name of Kittencal. I've tweaked it a little to my liking and I highly recommend it. It's super easy, super delish, and totally worth all those calories.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Orzo
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
6-10 fresh basil leaves
1. Melt butter in a heavy skillet(with lid) over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion, cook until softened.
3. Add Orzo, allow to brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Add minced garlic, cook for a further 1 minute.
5. Add chicken stock, allow to come to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
7. Fold in Parmesan and torn basil.
8. Serve immediately.