Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dinner Rolls



Enter the best recipe for dinner rolls. Ever. So, I'm a bit of a bread snob - that's why I don't often try to make it myself. It seems like every time I do I screw something up and it ends up like a dense, floury, rock.

Without fail.

Every time.

I am no God of the Breads

Except this time.



This time I used a recipe I found on My Kitchen Cafe. It's the best recipe. Ever. I followed the directions exactly and it paid off big time. I was surprised at the large amount of yeast called for, and even more surprised when my dough tripled in volume in the specified hour. I made mine a little large, I'd probably make them smaller next time - I'd also be a little more gentle when applying the egg wash right before baking. I was a little too rough and a couple of them deflated. Though, surprisingly, they were still nice and fluffy.



I really cannot recommend this recipe enough. If you're like me, which is terrified of making your own bread, try this recipe. It was too easy and tasted exactly like I wanted it to. No floury yuckiness, and light and fluffy as air.

I think I'm going to go make some now...again.

3 comments:

Zoomie said...

I'm tempted to try them right now! I can't - going out of town - but soon!

Sweet Bird said...

Zoomie - Try them when you get back, they're great!

Unknown said...

Yummm, thanks so much! I accustomed the recipe to my family's liking and here is how it turned out Rolls