Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes with Honey - Strawberry - Raspberry Syrup


This recipe was a complete FAIL.

As I was mixing it all up I knew there had to be something wrong with it - there's no way a pancake batter should be as thick as muffin batter.

I added milk until it was right, but after so much experimentation I only had enough batter left to make a few small pancakes.

After being totally frustrated and wasting about an hour and a half of my damn morning trying to figure out this recipe - I realized that I'd copied the recipe down incorrectly.

Go me.

I imagine that if one were to actually make these pancakes properly they would likely be delicious. I wasn't a fan. I did like the strawberry substitution for half the raspberries though.

The recipe is at Vegetarian Times.

3 comments:

katie said...

Lame. Hate it when that happens, although pancakes and waffles in general are my nemesis. Notice my blog has not one recipe for the damn things? Not even one. Because they defeat me. every. time.

SweetBird's MiL said...

It takes complete fails to give balance to the wonderful creations. Your picture is pretty though! :-) For my worst fail, ask Mr. TA's dad about key lime pie.

Caregivers said...

Nice post thhanks for sharing