Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Lamb


This marinade recipe comes courtesy of my Mother-in-law. Lamb is one of my favorite things to eat with her - well...and duck, and sushi, and risotto, and mussels...you get the picture.

She is quite the amazing cook, visiting her home is always a pleasant experience resplendent with fresh, new treats to explore and devour. Not to mention the outstanding wine I get to drink when I'm with her (being the only person who drinks alcohol in a household can make it difficult to explore new wines).

This marinade works as a tenderizing agent as well. I let my boneless leg of lamb soak in it for about 24 hours and it was truly divine after being pan seared. A little drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon to finish and it was quite the Easter treat.



Spring Lamb Marinade

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh, chopped rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cloves minced garlic

Mix together well and let lamb soak for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.

6 comments:

katie said...

That looks wonderful! I have only ever heard of braised leg of lamb, which neither of us cares for. So you just slice it up and sear it?

Sweet Bird said...

Yes, I just sliced the leg into steak size portions, marinaded it, and then cooked as one would a steak.

All the tastiness of lamb and the work of a steak.

katie said...

Thats way awesome. I may have to try that, and:
OMG! You lost ten pounds?! Congrats!!!
Can you tell I want to lose ten pounds?)

Sweet Bird's MiL said...

I am thrilled that the marinade worked so well for you! Of course, I am honored at your kind remarks!

:-) I used the same marinade for the rack of lamb that I served for Easter dinner and it worked well for that too!

The Duo Dishes said...

Delicious. Thanks for this quick and easy marinade. We're going to try a lamb dish soon.

Chantal said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. That lamb look like one to try!