Monday, August 4, 2008

Figgy, Fig, Fig



Figgy, fig, fig. I love figs. Down into my tummy.

I walked up to the farmer's market today to get some delicious kettle corn and couldn't resist a table full of figs. They were the first I'd seen this year and I couldn't wait to try one out. Husband had never had a fig before, so obviously I had to remedy that situation as soon as possible. The one I got was a little overripe, but it was free from the nice old man running the stall - so I'm definitely not going to complain. His wife also sold me a 1/2 lb. of shelled pistachio meat, a recipe containing those beauties is sure to follow in the coming weeks.

There's no recipe with this, just me sharing my undying love of fresh figs.

2 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

YUUUUM, figs. We have a fig tree, but we just planted it this year, so I don't know if it will bear any fruit. How can I wait until next summer?

Sweet Bird said...

I am once again jealous of you and your farm life. I might actually kill a fool for a fig tree.